The Calendar section allows you to schedule meetings, appointments, and other events, providing a convenient means of tracking important events that require your attention. Webmail supports multiple calendars that display on the same daily, monthly or weekly view, allowing you to further organize various types of events.
Webmail also allows you to share calendars between users on the same domain. For example, if your email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
, you can create one or more calendars which are viewable by others whose email addresses end in @company.com. You can also choose to restrict access to your calendar to individual users. This allows others to see when you are free or busy, facilitating the scheduling of meetings and other events. Depending on the access level you allow, you can even allow others to add, edit, or delete scheduled events on your shared calendar.
Webmail allows you to create an event using the New event dialog. You can open the New event dialog through any of the calendar views or by clicking the New Event button on the Secondary Menu. You can also create an event by dragging a task from the Task list into the calendar view.
When creating a new event, you can specify which calendar to populate, set an alarm, specify whether this should be a recurring event, as well as select the attendees for a meeting event.
The New even dialog includes the following tabs:
- Main – Allows you to specify the event title, location, time, and description.
- Advanced – Allows you to set an alarm and specify a recurring timeline.
- Attendees – Allows you to select attendees for a meeting type event, provide options to allow invitees to invite others and view the guest list, as well as specify the status and availability of the event.
To create an event:
- In the Calendar left-hand navigation, click the New Event icon.
Alternatively, you can select a day from the calendar view, or you can select a day and time from the Weekly or Daily view.
Alternatively, press alt+n
- In the New event dialog, complete the following:
- Enter a title.
- Specify a start and end date using the pop-up calendar.
- Specify a start and end time by using the pop-up clock.
- If this event will span an entire day, select the All-day checkbox and select the date from the pop-up calendar.
- If this is a recurring event, select the Repeat checkbox. The Repeat dialog will open allowing you to select the recurring interval.
The event will occur only once, as specified by the time and date.
After selecting this option, you will need to enter the number of days between the repeated events.
After selecting this option, you will need to enter the number of weeks between the repeated events, as well as the day of the week the event will occur.
After selecting this option, you will need to enter the number of months between the repeated events. The event will occur on the same day each month.
After selecting this option, you will need to enter the number of years between the repeated events. The event will occur on the same day each year.
3. Click the Details tab and enter the following:
- Enter the location for the event.
- Add the event to a specific Calendar using the Add to Calendar drop-down.
- If you want to set a reminder and be notified prior to the event, select email or device notification from the Alerts drop-down and specify the time in minutes, hours, days, or weeks.
Note: you can add multiple alerts for each event.
- Enter a description for your event in the Notes section. This description will send to Attendees as an email.
4. Click the Attendees tab and complete the following:
- Invite people to your event by adding their email address in the Add Attendees field.
- Select Required, if applicable.
Note: If any conflicts exist, they are displayed below the Attendees section.
- To view conflict details, click View details.
- To avoid conflicts, you can select the Next Available Time.
- To remove an attendee from the event, click the x next to their name.
5. Click Save.
How do I create a reoccurring event in Webmail?
Below are the types of reoccurring events you can create: None The event will occur only once, as specified by the time and date. Daily After selecting this option, you will need to enter the number of days between the repeated events. Weekly After ...
How do I edit an event in Webmail?
Webmail allows you to edit any event from the Day, Week, or Month views. Each of these methods will display the Edit event dialog, which provides the same properties as the New event dialog; however, the selected event’s information will be ...
How do I search for an event in Webmail?
To perform a search, type the keyword in the search field. Webmail offers a search feature that can be used for personal, shared or subscribed calendars. You can perform a basic search by entering the event title, location, or note content. Event ...
How do I create events in Webmail?
You can open the New Event screen through any of the calendar views or by clicking the New Event icon on the Secondary Menu. The new event dialog includes the following tabs: Main – Allows you to specify the event title, time and specify a recurring ...
How do I delete an event in Webmail?
You can delete any event that you have created. Events are deleted from the Edit event dialog. To delete an event: Double-click an event in any of the Calendar views. In the Event edit dialog, click Delete.