You can accept payments in your store using the Square online payment gateway. As a major payment provider, Square is available in the US, UK, Canada, Australia, and Japan, and accepts each country’s currency. Customers can enter their credit card details right on your store’s checkout page, making the checkout process easier and faster.
Here are some benefits of choosing Square to accept credit card payments in your online store.
- Account creation and verification takes minutes. You don’t have to visit a bank to open a merchant bank account, so you can start taking payments via Square right away.
- No hidden fees. You pay only when you make a sale.
- Payments are secure out of the box. Square is PCI Level 1 compliant and all card-present payments are encrypted from end to end.
- The Square fraud prevention team watches over your account security 24/7 using live monitoring programs and will notify you if they suspect something unusual. You can also enhance the security of your Square account by enabling 2-factor authentication, account change notifications, and adding employees with limited permissions.
- Easy management of payment disputes. As with any transaction, there is always a risk that a buyer will dispute the purchase. You can send to Square team necessary information regarding a payment in question via your Disputes Dashboard and they will fight the dispute on your behalf. Square offers a free Chargeback Protection for all sellers which covers chargebacks that are $250 or less (up to a total of $250 a month).
To accept credit cards using Square, navigate to your E-Commerce tile.
Go to Settings > Payments.
Find Square under Add new payment methods. Select “Connect and Enable Square”. We will redirect you to Square to log in and connect your account.
To display Square as a payment option at checkout in your store, make sure the currency in your Square account is the same as in your store account. The currency in your store is set in Settings > General > Regional Settings > Currency.
You must activate your account to accept credit cards. To do this, Square requires basic information about you and your business. You can start accepting credit cards online as soon as Square activates your account.
Square takes a fee of 2.9% + $0.30 for processing your payments.
All orders paid via Square appear in your E-Commerce tile. Go to My Sales > Orders. They contain a link to the corresponding transaction in Square.
Orders also appear in your Square Control Panel. Square retains the customer’s data, their order, and information about shipping and taxes.
How do I accept orders in my online store?
When customers add products to their cart and head to checkout, they can choose how they want to pay for their order using any of the payment methods that you've enabled. Accepting Orders Online You can use online and offline payment methods to ...
How do customers checkout in my online store?
Your store has a secure one-page checkout where your customers enter their shipping and payment details and leave order comments before placing orders. Checkout Steps After a shopper chooses products and adds them to their shopping cart, they can ...
How do I set up PayPal in my online store?
PayPal is one of the most popular online payment methods that enables you to pay, send money, and accept payments through credit cards, bank accounts, or PayPal accounts. To accept credit card transactions, you need a Business PayPal account. With ...
What payment gateways can I use in my online store?
Within Settings > Payments, select the drop down to choose a payment processor. Here is the full list of payment gateways that can be used on our ecommerce platform: 2Checkout PayLeap Afterpay PayOnline American Express PayPal Payflow Link ...
Knowing your payment provider is an important part of running an online business. That’s why we collected a list of PayPal’s most frequently asked questions. Can customers pay by credit card without a PayPal account? All PayPal services allow paying ...